Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A cattle rancher, a politcal junkie

I got two emails from men on match.com. One is an LDS cattle rancher in Florida who is widowed with 2 kids. In some ways, I don't mind the fact that a man already has a couple kids. It takes the pressure off of me to have them. I mean, if I can't reproduce, he won't necessarily be disappointed because he already has two to raise. I won't have to go through pregnancy or if I do, it would only be once maybe twice. I'm open to the idea of dating men who have kids now. I haven't always been though.

The other guy who is local contacted me. He campaigned for Obama. I'm not sure how well I'd do with an Obama supporter. I'm not as enamored by Obama as most people. He has some pretty half baked ideas like the cash for clunkers program. Yes, it got gas guzzlers off the road. But, it created pollution in the process because you have the pollution from creating the new car and destroying the old one. Does that justify the money spent? How much pollution did we prevent after the fact? I realize this guy really has nothing to do with Obama's current decisions. But maybe I'm looking for a reason not to like the guy. He has a spare tire in his photo, but claims to work hard at the gym. Hmm...got to keep a healthy dose of skepticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment