Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tarred

Yesterday, my brother, my father and I resurfaced the driveway. There were only two spreaders, so I didn't push the tar over the driveway. My task was to mix it up. I took a drill with an attachment and stirred it up. The mixture was thick at the bottom and watery at the top. Luckily, my younger brother asked if I was wearing nice jeans. I quickly changed out of them. While I didn't spill on myself after the first bucket, the second bucket wasn't so kind and I splattered tar all over my ankles and on my birkenstocks. Thinking a good solution to not getting any more tar on my shoes was not wearing any, I ended the day with tar on my heels. Tar does not wash off easily. I was hoping to wear sandals to church today, but that will only work if I can get more off.

No comments:

Post a Comment