Sunday, October 4, 2009

Looking forward

It has now been twenty years since my first seizure. My parents never got me therapy. They encouraged me to get some once in my twenties, but I didn't see the point. I realized that now is the perfect time because my insurance will cover all of it. I told the neuropsych about my suicidal thoughts and he will probably make a recommendation for it. People with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy often have suicidal thoughts that they don't act on. I've read. I couldn't hurt my family, but I do think about what if I swallowed my entire bottle of keppra and would it be easier on the other side? Anyway, I pay a psychologist to be my friend. He won't ever bail on me or move away. My best friend is in medical school now and I don't have anyone to hang out with in Oakton. I'm hoping the new midsingles ward will provide me with some friendships. It was easier in Alexandria where I was surrounded by people and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment