Thursday, July 9, 2009

The date

We went to a movie. The poor guy chose science fiction, which I hate. He wanted to take me out for ice cream afterwards, but I didn't know any ice cream places around Alexandria. I'm sure there are tons, but I don't go out for ice cream and try to avoid sweets. The place he took me to was a restaurant/theater. Kind of nice, but he told me to eat beforehand because we were going to a movie. Poor guy had no idea I don't mix movies and food. No, he didn't even try handholding because the seats were farther apart due to a table in case we wanted food. It didn't matter because I was so bored I was trying to fall asleep during Wolverine.
Unfortunately, my phone slipped out of my pocket. I realized it in the car on the way home. He didn't offer to take me back to the theater. He said he was sorry and suggested I call the theater. Oh, no. I don't have a phone! You call the theater. He emailed me and let me know they found a phone in the theater, but I would have to pick it up. That is 2 hours out of my day. Two bus transfers down there, 1 hour to go 6 miles and then wait for the bus back. Uh...I don't think he'll get a second date. I told my father to swing by the theater after work and see if they have my phone. I'm sure he'll do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment