Friday, June 19, 2009

Try Something New

It is so easy to get stuck in a rut doing the same thing over and over. Experimenting with new ideas and new concepts generates excitement and provides you with new opportunities. Last year, I saw myself going nowhere teaching. I had been resigned after a tumultous first year and was fired after my second. I loved teaching. Kids provide many new ideas and comic relief. However, I was a victim of circumstance. They let me teach with little experience and without much guidance, I failed miserably at motivating and keeping order amongst learning disable teens. The school system was desperate for teachers and I was desperate for a job. Perhaps I would have been successful under other circumstances. I moved on and found a job tutoring in California. It is a wonderful state, but I missed my family. Right now I work with mentally retarded adults, but I'm experimenting with blogging. I love that I am writing more. It energizes me and gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment